This was a go-to dish in my husband’s household when he was growing up, and now it is in ours as well. It’s ridiculously easy– only 4 ingredients, including the chicken– and (this is the key part, is it not?) delicious. It was also the first dish my husband made for me, so you know it can’t be that hard. I was totally impressed, though; it tastes more complicated than it is. The only thing that takes awhile is the actual baking time (1 1/2 hours).
– 1 whole chicken, cut up (or about 3 lbs of chicken breasts, thighs, whatever)
– 1 can whole cranberry sauce
– 1 c. Catalina or French dressing
– 1 package dry onion soup
1) Wash chicken.
2) Place in baking dish.
3) Combine dressing, cranberry sauce and soup mix.
4) Pour over chicken and bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
If you’re one of those people that can actually plan ahead, marinate it overnight or for a few hours. Someday I’ll remember to do this, but it’s great regardless.